Sunday, June 28, 2009

An Award and a Virtual Potluck

Kristen from Whatcha Eatin'? and Kathy from Three on Food bequeathed (my mother-in-law loves this word) to me this "lovely blog award". Thank you so much Kristen and Kathy, I very much appreciate the sentiment.

I'm supposed to pass this award on to 10 other bloggers who I think are just as lovely. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings because I love you all or I wouldn't visit your blogs, so I'm going to pass this along to blogs who I think are fabulous that don't get the recognition I think they deserve and to those that if you don't know about you should!

  1. Treehouse Kitchen
  2. Elissa from 17 and Baking
  3. Debbmarie from Let Them Eat Cake...
  4. Debby from A Feast For The Eyes
  5. Erin from Erin Cooks
  6. Lorelei from Mermaid Sweets
  7. Kristen from The Kitchen Sink
  8. Shari from Whisk: A Food Blog
  9. Julia from Dozen Flours
  10. Julie from Sporadic Cook

That was tough narrowing down to only 10!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

And just for fun because my birthday is tomorrow (woo-hoo!):

Consider yourself invited to my virtual potluck birthday party, what what are you bringing with you to the celebration?

16 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Congrats on your award! Happy Happy Birthday to you Monica. I hope you have a wonderful day. To your virtual party I am bringing these
http://mytastytreasures.blogspot.com/2009/03/inside-out-blts-and-few-comment-rants.html

Hope you enjoy them.

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

Thanks for sharing the award! You're so sweet! Happy Birthday...hope it's a good one. I'll bring the mojitos! :)

Delectable Dining said...

Happy Birthday and congrats on your award! I'd bring some of these to your potluck! :)

http://delectabledining09.blogspot.com/2009/05/fathers-day-cookie-giveaway.html

Foodiewife said...

thanks so much for the award! I'm going to visit the rest of the recipients as soon as I make a cake for a Texas gal- my Texas chocolate sheetcake from Pioneer Woman!
http://foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com/2009/03/so-good-that-i-could-just-cry-pioneer.html

If I don't talk to you on Monday-- Happy Birthday and have a special day!

Deb

Heather S-G said...

Have an awesome birthday!! I'm bringing a pitcher of this... http://girlichef.blogspot.com/2009/06/when-feeling-blue-is-oh-so-good.html

Julie said...

Aw...thanks for the award :)
I'll have to think about that virtual potluck thing. Hope your birthday is great!

Mermaid Sews said...

Ooooh thank you sooo much - that is so kind of you. I really appreciate it. Sorry I have been MIA, I have been so busy, but it has made me feel so bad not to have time to comment.

Kathy said...

Your very welcome!!! <3

Since you're also a Texas gal - you can't have a party without chips and salsa!!! http://threeonfood.blogspot.com/2009/05/his-most-requested-recipe.html

♥Rosie♥ said...

Congrats on your award and a very happy birthday!

Thank you so much for calling by my blog and leaving such a kind comment :0)

Sophie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! :)

CONGRATS ON THE AWARD (very much deserved)!

Treehouse Chef said...

Monica,
OMGness I don't know what to say--I am speechless. Thank you for the award. That really means alot to me especially coming from you because I love your blog!!! I hope you have a very Blessed Birthday!!
I think for the potluck I will bring my Rum Flavored Strawberry Shortcake served martini style.

Gracey said...

Happy birthday, Monica! I hope that you enjoy yourself and have a great day!

To your potluck I am bringing the White chocolate fruit tart from All recipes - yummy!

unconfidentialcook said...

As per my daughter's request I made her The Chocolate Caramel Tart for her birthday June 12. It was so good...I send it along to you, too: http://unconfidentialcook.com/2009/04/16/chocolate-caramel-tart/

Zsofi Anna said...

Congrats on your award! You certainly deserve it.

What would I bring to your par-tay? Why, some fresh strawberries and cream, of course.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Congrats on the award! Very well deserved and two thumbs up on the blogs you passed it along to.
~ingrid

Erin said...

Many sincere thanks for the blog award! You are much too kind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails